BriForum, London - May 20, 2014 - Atlantis Computing, the leading provider of In-Memory Software-Defined Storage, today announced the release of a free version of its Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI™ and ILIO for XenApp solutions. The Atlantis ILIO™ suite of products delivers industry-leading benefits to organizations deploying desktop virtualization, including the ability to deploy high-performance desktops with no storage or SSDs. Atlantis ILIO simplifies the deployment and scaling of any desktop virtualization projects, de-risking the traditional challenges associated with managing and maintaining storage at scale. The largest successful deployments in the world, including some of the largest financial, healthcare, education, and government organizations rely on Atlantis ILIO to de-risk their projects and deliver successful implementations on time and on budget.
Be a Desktop Virtualization Hero
Starting today, you can download a free copy of the Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI software to validate and test the fastest VDI storage optimization solution in the market - the same software that powers some of the largest desktop virtualization deployments in the world. With a brand new browser-based installer, you will be able to deploy and configure the patented Atlantis ILIO software in just a few minutes. The installer even creates the datastore for you, so you can start using the blazing fast ILIO datastore to provision stateless desktops immediately. You will be able to provision up to 10 virtual desktops or up to 25 XenApp sessions.
Download the award-winning Atlantis ILIO solution today to:
- Use the technology that is revolutionizing the biggest VDI deployments in your home lab
- Install in your work lab to benchmark against VDI storage alternatives like server SSD and Flash. All you need is one server with 50GB of RAM available.
- Show your management how great VDI can be - for free. Build a POC in-house and be a hero.
- Learn about the most interesting storage technology of this decade - In-Memory storage using DRAM. If you thought SSD was the only way to deliver blazing performance, think again.
With this release, IT organizations can now try a free version of Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI and XenApp to experience enterprise-class optimization services that run on existing servers, allowing stateless VDI and virtualized XenApp projects to be initiated without procuring any storage or SSDs.
Incredible User Experience, While Meeting Cost and Operations Objectives
Once the dramatic optimization benefits are proven in your test environment, we encourage you to consider deploying Atlantis ILIO at scale for better than PC performance, ensuring user acceptance and adoption. Moreover, Atlantis ILIO is proven in the largest VDI deployment in the world - 100,000 VMs across more than a dozen data centers - as well as in hundreds of customer engagements across every major industry vertical. The award-winning Atlantis ILIO solution is purpose built to remove the cost and complexity of storage for virtualized environments, simplifying and de-risking deployment and operationalization:
- De-risks the cost and performance of project roll-outs - at any scale
- De-risks scaling - scales linearly with consistent performance with just servers and software
- De-risks network bottlenecks with a solution that eliminates storage network traffic
- Reduces failure domain to a single server instead of 1,000s of users at risk with shared storage
- No need for storage - avoiding additional racks, SSDs, and associated OPEX
- Automated deployment and rapid provisioning to simplify operationalization at any scale
Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI and ILIO for XenApp - Free License Offer
Atlantis ILIO for VDI is now available to download at www.atlantiscomputing.com/ilio. The solution complements any implementation with VMware Horizon View, Citrix XenDesktop, and Citrix XenApp. The free offer provides up to 10 VDI desktops or 25 XenApp users on one physical server, per customer. This is not time-restricted software, rather a complete solution that provides the enterprise-class benefits of Atlantis ILIO for VDI. The free software is perfect for validation and testing purposes in your lab.
"You should try this offer if you really want to simplify your VDI deployment and remove the associated risks to guarantee the success of your project" said Bernard Harguindeguy, President and CEO of Atlantis Computing. "Now anyone can easily experience the benefits of a solution that won the desktop category at both VMworld and Citrix Synergy."
Tweet this: "Free @AtlantisSDS VDI released - download today to de-risk cost, de-risk deployment challenges, and de-risk end-user performance http://goo.gl/KJUJzu"
- Free Atlantis for diskless VDI - Free download
- Free Atlantis for diskless VDI - blog
- Northrim Bank VDI case study
- Atlantis Computing Website
- Atlantis Computing Blog
- Atlantis Computing on YouTube
- Atlantis Computing on Twitter: @AtlantisSDS
- Atlantis Computing on LinkedIn
About Atlantis Computing
Atlantis Computing, winner of the prestigious Best of VMworld and Best of Citrix Synergy awards, addresses the challenges of storage-intensive applications in private and public clouds: performance, cost, and the ability to scale-out on demand. Atlantis ILIO is purpose-built software-defined storage that complements virtualization solutions from Citrix, Microsoft and VMware to optimize the use of data center storage by virtualized desktops and servers, automate large scale deployment and management, and lower implementation risks. Atlantis Computing is privately held and funded by Adams Street Partners, Cisco Systems, El Dorado Ventures and Partech International, with headquarters in Mountain View, California and offices in Europe. For more information, visit: www.atlantiscomputing.com or follow us on Twitter @AtlantisSDS.
Atlantis Computing, Atlantis ILIO, and In-Memory Storage are trademarks of Atlantis Computing. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.