Delivers All-Flash Storage Performance, Rich Application Experience and Simplified Deployment on XenServer
Citrix Summit – Las Vegas, Nevada – January 13, 2015 – Atlantis Computing®, the leading provider of Software-Defined Storage, today announced the Atlantis USX™ hyper-converged solution for Citrix environments. The solution has been verified as Citrix Ready on industry-standard x86 server platforms and integrates with the Citrix XenServer open-source hypervisor platform. The Atlantis USX hyper-converged solution delivers a combined compute and storage platform with Atlantis HyperDup™ data services. The solution provides the simplicity of a hyper-converged appliance, performance of an all-flash array and flexibility to deploy on any standard server hardware.
When combined with Citrix XenDesktop or Citrix XenApp, the platform delivers a rich application experience, optional 3D virtual desktops and a total infrastructure cost per desktop as low as $187 per desktop including the server hardware, local flash storage and Atlantis USX software.
At the heart of the Atlantis USX platform are patented HyperDup™ Content-Aware Data Services that leverage Atlantis real-time deduplication technology to provide data reduction, IO acceleration, data management, data mobility, security and unified storage across all datacenter storage. Atlantis inline deduplication and IO acceleration technology enables customers to increase the storage capacity and performance by up to 10 times, delivering a superior user experience at up to 75 percent lower cost.
Atlantis USX provides:
- Simplicity – Automated deployment capabilities integrated with Citrix XenServer to deploy hyper-converged systems on any x86 server hardware, drastically reducing the amount of time to deploy Citrix XenDesktop or XenApp.
- Cost Reduction – All-flash performance and 4x the storage capacity of competitive hardware appliances at a 75 percent lower cost per gigabyte of storage.
- User Experience – The performance of an all-flash array through Atlantis HyperDup IO acceleration technology. Up to 90 percent of IO is processed in-memory lowering latency and increasing IOPS, providing an excellent user experience with near-instant session starts, fast application launches, and Outlook search capabilities.
- Scalability and Hardware Flexibility – The flexibility to use any x86 server platform including 4-node appliances, rack servers or blade servers – Atlantis USX automatically deploys the required Atlantis components to create a hyper-converged system. Unlike other hyper-converged appliances, Atlantis USX customers can combine different server and disk configurations using new or existing servers, as well as existing SAN/NAS storage.
Calvin Hsu, Vice President of Product Marketing, Desktop and Apps, Citrix Systems
“Citrix and our customers have been working with Atlantis for years to deliver high-performance and cost-effective storage solutions for virtual desktops. This Atlantis USX hyper-converged offering on Citrix XenServer now provides our customers a simple and powerful hyper-converged solution with the storage and compute needed to deliver the best possible user experience while dramatically reducing costs.”
Eric Burgener, Research Director, IDC
“Atlantis is in a position that will increasingly benefit from several key enterprise storage trends, one of which is the burgeoning interest in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions. Growing at almost 4 times the rate of traditional enterprise storage hardware, the hyper-converged segment has attracted a number of offerings from startups as well as more established companies. This offering from Atlantis and Citrix, however, will stand alone in the industry because of the way Atlantis USX uniquely leverages main memory to cut external storage requirements by up to 20x and provide high performance and very efficient enterprise-class data services.”
Manuel Martull, Director, Enterprise Solutions Marketing, SanDisk
“The fast adoption of SanDisk flash technology in x86 servers has now reached the point where customers can replace SAN or NAS solutions with local server flash. By working in conjunction with Atlantis USX, customers can now turn high-performance and cost-effective SanDisk enterprise flash solutions into mission-critical storage that delivers the performance of an All-Flash Array at half the cost of a SAN—delivering a very compelling solution for today’s budget conscious, resource constrained IT decision makers.”
Bill Kleyman, Director of Strategy and Innovation, MTM Technologies
“Ultimately, you’re creating pooling, abstraction, IO acceleration, and data mobility capabilities. You create distinct business and technology advantages by creating intelligent policies around data and workload optimization. Here’s the big point: what will matter in the near future is the cloud and data control layer. Software-defined storage technologies like USX allow for the direct abstraction of storage and help integrate powerful virtual-layer optimizations.”
Availability: The Atlantis USX™ hyper-converged solution for Citrix environments will be available as beta through certified Atlantis solution partners on January 30th, 2015.
Tweet this: @AtlantisSDS announces 1st all-flash hyper-converged storage solution for Citrix XenServer, with Infrastructure cost per VDI desktop of $187
- Atlantis USX Hyper-Converged Whiteboard Video
- Atlantis USX Solution Overview
- Lenovo Hyper-Converged Solution Brief
- SanDisk and Atlantis Computing Partner for Software-Defined Storage
- Atlantis Computing Website
- Atlantis Computing Blog
- Atlantis Computing on YouTube
- Atlantis Computing on Twitter:@AtlantisSDS
- Atlantis Computing on LinkedIn
About Atlantis Computing
Atlantis Computing, winner of the Best of VMworld and Best of Citrix Synergy awards, offers the industry’s most flexible and powerful software defined storage platform. Atlantis USX delivers better performance than the fastest all-flash array, at half the cost of traditional SAN, on any class of enterprise storage. Atlantis USX is a 100% software-only solution purpose-built to boost any virtualized workload’s performance by up to 10x, while also increasing effective storage capacity by up to 10x. To date, Atlantis has deployed software to manage and optimize tens of Petabytes of software defined storage for more than 600,000 VMs globally across hundreds of mission critical deployments, including some of the largest successful virtualization deployments in the world. Atlantis Computing is privately held and funded by Adams Street Partners, Cisco Systems, El Dorado Ventures and Partech Ventures, with headquarters in Mountain View, California and offices in Europe.
Atlantis Computing, Atlantis ILIO, Atlantis HyperDup, Teleport and Atlantis USX are trademarks of Atlantis Computing. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.