New Atlantis USXTM 3.0 software, factory integrated Atlantis HyperScaleTM appliances help businesses increase agility and efficiency and provide assurance
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – Sep. 1, 2015 - Atlantis Computing, the leading provider of Software-Defined Storage (SDS), today announced its third generation SDS platform and factory-integration of its Atlantis HyperScale appliances available on Cisco, HP, Lenovo and SuperMicro server platforms. The new Atlantis solutions deliver data mobility to make the entire data center more agile, provide all-flash performance to all users and applications and create efficiency that cuts data center costs in half.
By using intelligent software to harness the power of faster and cheaper processing power, memory and flash storage, Atlantis USX eliminates the inefficiencies of SAN and NAS hardware, while delivering all-flash performance. With Atlantis, IT organizations ensure that their storage systems have targeted availability levels that adapt resilience based on the importance of the data or system, which lowers the cost of business continuity. The latest release of Atlantis USX offers new innovations to simplify management of storage across the data center including:
- Atlantis USX 3.0 SDS technology delivers expanded data protection and data mobility functionality that enables customers to make the entire data center more agile by provisioning, cloning, snapshotting, replicating, and teleporting virtual machines and data in seconds.
- VMware Virtual Volumes (VVOL) certified – Atlantis USX is the only SDS or hyper-converged solution that is certified for VVOL, enabling VVOL to manage all existing storage in the data center. The VVOL integration with Atlantis USX improves performance and increases the storage efficiency of provisioning, snapshots, clones, and storage vMotion.
- Atlantis Insight provides proactive software updates, a user feedback interface, real-time monitoring, and alerts (email, web, SNMP), providing customers with assurance that their infrastructure remains highly available.
“Businesses must continually adapt to market changes and innovate to grow and compete,” said Chetan Venkatesh, CEO of Atlantis. “By working with our industry partners we believe we can more quickly and effectively develop disruptive software-defined solutions such as the latest release of Atlantis USX and Atlantis HyperScale appliances to implement a true software-defined data center with radical cost savings and no dependence on proprietary hardware."
“Hyper-converged systems have the potential to significantly influence the storage landscape because they combine two major storage industry trends at once — the trend toward software-defined infrastructure and the integration of compute, networking, storage, and management into a single integrated product,” said Archana Venkatraman, senior research analyst at IDC. “While many storage vendors have accelerated innovation around flash arrays and SDS to bring costs down, the pace of innovation to provide a full suite of data services within hyper-converged appliances has been comparatively slower. Combining SDS technology with rich data services and all-flash storage to deliver robust performances and scalable infrastructure while keeping costs low will accelerate the adoption of hyper-converged appliances for critical enterprise workloads.”
Factory Integrated Atlantis HyperScale Appliances
In response to customer demand, OEM server manufacturers and distributors are teaming with Atlantis to make it easier and simpler to acquire and scale hyper-converged deployments. Currently offering a choice of Cisco, HP, Lenovo or SuperMicro hardware worldwide through channel partners, Atlantis will now deliver HyperScale CX-12 and CX-24 all-flash hyper-converged appliances, factory-integrated and shipped directly to customers by server vendors or their distributors. Each Atlantis HyperScale appliance tightly integrates compute, networking and all-flash storage, all with premium 24x7x365 support provided by Atlantis.
- HP: Atlantis has signed a new strategic OEM agreement with HP, expanding its existing relationship to offer all-flash hyper-converged appliances, factory-integrated on the world’s most popular server platform. Each pre-configured Atlantis HyperScale appliance includes four 1U HP DL360 Gen9 servers with a total of 96 cores (Intel Xeon E5-2680 v3), up to 3TB of RAM, 10GbE network cards, and 12 or 24TB of guaranteed, all-flash effective storage capacity. All Atlantis HyperScale HP factory-configured appliances come with HP Proactive Care 4-hour onsite service and are available through Arrow Electronics in EMEA, and pre-integrated through Ingram Micro in North America.
- SuperMicro: Starting at $85,000 for a 12TB all-flash four-server cluster, Atlantis HyperScale appliances deliver exceptional performance and cut compute and storage costs by up to 90 percent compared to comparable hyper-converged appliances or traditional server and SAN storage. HyperScale appliances are now available factory-configured through SuperMicro in North America and EMEA, and pre-integrated through Ingram Micro in North America.
- Cisco and Lenovo: Atlantis will now offer HyperScale appliances pre-integrated on Cisco and Lenovo servers through Ingram Micro in North America as well as existing partners in EMEA.
VMworld 2015 San Francisco - Aug. 31 to Sep. 3, 2015
At VMworld 2015 booth number 523, Atlantis product experts will be on hand to demonstrate Atlantis USX 3.0 and Atlantis HyperScale, with new features:
- VMware Virtual Volume integration
- SmartSnap dedupe-aware snapshots
- Remote Replication
- Atlantis Desktop Workspace, the next-generation desktop virtualization solution for VMware Horizon Workspace Suite.
In addition, Atlantis will have thought leaders from Intel, Lenovo, LoginVSI, NVIDIA and SuperMicro presenting at the Atlantis booth theater.
- Atlantis VMworld 2015 event page
- Blog on Atlantis USX 3.0 SmartSnap
- Atlantis Integrates with VMware Virtual Volumes Video
- USX 3.0 Solution Brief
- Atlantis HyperScale hyper-converged appliances
- IDC Insight: Atlantis Makes Hyper-Converged Economically Viable
- Atlantis Community site
- Cost Comparison Calculator
Atlantis, winner of the Best of VMworld and Best of Citrix Synergy awards, offers the industry’s most flexible and powerful Software-Defined Storage (SDS) platform. Atlantis delivers better performance than the fastest all-flash array, at half the cost of traditional storage. Atlantis HyperScale leverages the Atlantis patented SDS platform to deliver all-flash hyper-converged appliances that are 50 to 90 percent lower cost than traditional storage or other hyper-converged appliances. To date, Atlantis has deployed over 52 Petabytes of storage for more than 1,000 mission critical deployments, including some of the largest virtualization deployments in the world. Atlantis is privately held and funded by Adams Street Partners, Cisco Systems, El Dorado Ventures and Partech Ventures, with headquarters in Mountain View, California and offices in Europe.
Atlantis Computing, Atlantis HyperScale, Atlantis ILIO, Atlantis HyperDup, Teleport and Atlantis USX are trademarks of Atlantis Computing. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.